Reporting Call to Google Analytics can be done in one of two ways: Call Conversions – containing Click data and Gclids, or as “Goal Completion” counted as they happen without associated click data.
Report Every Call
- Go to “Call Tracking Settings” in the settings menu (top right)
- Select the pool you wish to report to Analytics.
- Turn the switch next to “Google Analytics” to “ON”
- Set your Analytics account number to have the system detect it for you automatically
- Set your Goal category as you like or leave it blank for the default category “Calls”
- Set up a Goal in Analytics
Report Call Conversions
To report Call Conversions to Google Analytics – make sure you’re using a “Dynamic Insertion Pool”. This pool type will attribute every call from your website to the original website user and the click that “brought him in”.
Read more about Dynamic Pools here.
To report call conversion to Google Analytics:
- Go to “Conversion Settings” in the settings menu (upper right)
- Click “+New Phone Conversion”
- Name the conversion and copy the name to your clipboard
- Select Google Analytics
- Set a condition for calls to be considered a conversion. For example, if you set 15 seconds – all calls above 15 seconds will be reported as a conversion. If you set 0 – all calls will be reported.
- Set multiple or single reporting to deal with returning callers. “Multiple” means if the same caller calls several times every time they call will be reported as a conversion. If the box isn’t checked (default) every unique caller will be reported as one conversion no matter how many times they’ve called.
- Set up a Goal in Analytics.
* Please note: Call Conversions are reported by the system to Google once every 6 hours. Google displays conversion results within 24-48 hours. There might be a delay in conversion data on Google Analytics.
Set Up Google Analytics Goal
To view call data within Google Analytics, follow this guide to set up a Goal.